Saturday, June 1, 2013

May 25, 2013

May 25, 2013



Kumusta!
When i sit down to write my e-mails I think back on what happened at the beginning of the week and it seems like it was weeks ago! life goes so fast at the MTC but i love it.
This week we Taught Angelica and Jesus for the first time! I really love teaching Angelica. My Tagalog is terrible but she is so helpful and helps me out a ton. We taught her how to pray in our last lesson and she committed to praying and reading the book of Mormon. Hopefully she comes through with it! i know that she will be blessed! I love the youth so much! I hope that i can relate to her as much as i can and she will be able to feel my testimony.
The first time we Taught Jesus was a little rough... He once wanted to be a catholic priest and so he is really stubborn. But he is really curious about the Book of Mormon so that is so helpful! He is reading the Book of Mormon now and hopefully praying about it. He works three jobs and has 5 boys! He has such a great family and he plays his father role so well! I know that the Gospel will truly bless his family!
We are teaching them both next week!
I have learned so much this week! My Kasama and I have become so close! We have definitely had our differences and offended each other. But we both have strong strong testimonies and great desires to serve! so through that we have been able to overcome our differences! She has taught be so much about the Gospel! She has only had the Gospel for 18  months and I have had the Gospel for the entire life! I feel like she knows so much more than i do! but she taught me that It is in my brain somewhere. and I know it is. I have become a missionary for my investigators and a missionary for myself!
The Language is coming very slowly. I have to remember to have confidence in myself...haha so i study and practice more than i every have for anything! I am learning how to study and not get stressed out! I am so grateful for that lesson!
At the MTC I have prayed harder and longer than i ever thought that i could. I have been so frustrated and so anxious that i can hardly stand it. I was talking to one of the teachers about it and he was so inspired to tell me "Sister sites, The atonement applies to stress. give it to him." Instantly i was comforted. I now use the Atonement daily with all my heart. So remember that. "the atonement applies to stress, give it to him."
An amazing scripture that i found this week is Mosiah 4:10 ". . .if ye believe all these things, see that ye do them." I love that. I have a testimony of so many things in the Gospel and i believe everything, But do i live them truly? Unfortunately i don't. Now i have a better understand of WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO BE DOING ALL THE TIME. So please live what you believe. always. I promise doing this will bring so many blessings!
now for a good laugh:
ang watawat na winawagayway ay nakakapagpakabagabag!
This is my favorite tongue twister!
it means The flag that waves is disturbing. apparently its funny in the Philippines... haha 
have a good week everyone! I love hearing from everyone and i love getting letters! I promise i will always write you back!
Love always, 
Sister Sites

No comments:

Post a Comment